A bunch of months ago, maybe around August or July or earlier in 2016, I wasn’t enjoying work very much. I wasn’t asking for or making happen what I very much wanted. I’d written governance guidelines, and that was exciting, but what actionable practical things could I do? I went over to the bookshelves and found the book I’d self-published in 2007 and opened it. And these were the things that got me motivated – I remembered I very much wanted weekly organizing meetings by members, and more coordinating council members. And out of those meetings, members asked for a second location, and finally I was ready to lead that. http://collectiveagency.co/division/ And now each location has weekly open member meetings (my favorite thing), so I get two each week.
Click to each for an image and text.
1. Get people together in teams.
2. Decide what you want from your work.
3. Agree on big ambitious goals!
4. Have the guts to own your vision.
5. “Do what you can with what you have.”
7. Do what you want to do.
8. Only do actions you’re great at, which also excite you.
9. Let your coworkers do actions they’re great at and also excited by.
10. If one person isn’t responsible for a specific thing, no one is responsible.