Category Archives: 101 Organizational Democracy Tips
Tax and Conversation is now: Fully Fund Oregon Schools. It’s a 501(c)(4) nonprofit. I’m leading the Oregon constitutional amendment for 2016 as a direct initiative. It will fully fund Pre-K-12 education and end Oregon income taxes by taxing net assets … Continue reading
Tax and Conversation is my new full-time work. Total income tax reform through a constitutional amendment 2014 in Oregon via the public initiative process. It will benefit everyone in Oregon. And we’ll do it by growing a membership organization. We … Continue reading
“I’ll be timekeeper.” “Who wants to do notes?” “I’ll do notes.” “I’ll agenda chair. And I’ll ask each of us to facilitate: be aware of emotions, relationships, balancing. What’s something each of us would like to happen in the next hour?” … Continue reading
“In giving their powers over to each other people undertake to promote and preserve their common interests…they are simultaneously bound to one another (in looking to the common good) and free (since the imperative to act in this way is … Continue reading
- 34. Don’t blame, and if you do, never say “they.”
- 5. “Do what you can with what you have.”
- 19. Work alone on your own team if you want to.
- 7. Do what you want to do.
- 12. “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.”