Write a Constitution or charter for your department, and for your company.
Constitutions can help:
- prevent tyranny of the majority,
- block tyranny by one person or by a small select group,
- provide a commonsense written agreement.
Include in your charter:
- the processes for making decisions,
- what official roles, such as president, or representatives, exist, how representatives and other formal leaders are chosen, the responsibilities for each role, how checks & balances work, the length of term limits,
- how money and other resources are handled and who is responsible,
- the process to amend this charter.