Work should be fun every moment you do it.
There are only two reasons work shouldn’t be fun in every moment:
- when you want to be miserable. Hey, that’s okay.
- when you’re starting something new that terrifies you. That’s one way we grow. Instead of focusing on your fear, focus on what’s happening around you. You can bring your fun into the scene.
If you have a goal but don’t want to do the work you think you “should” do to make progress, ask what you would like or desire to do instead. If you can, ask yourself what you’d love to do instead. Then hold yourself responsible for getting it done.
Sometimes we don’t want to do the work at all. If so, that’s okay. You can:
- Make work fun. Do the work in a way that is fun for you.
- Get someone else to do it.
- Do something else you do want.