Leading the Tax and Conversation amendment is going well. The concept — what is good policy that people want for tax reform? — has developed since August 2011 (it’s now December 2013), and is done. The timeline (a November 2016 vote is now the goal) is at: https://taxandconversation.com/timeline
Conversation starts and finishes each project. The amendment has 5 projects. The first has finished, the second has started:
- Research & development to find what is good policy that people want.
- Commitments of support.
- Signature gathering.
- Living room conversations before voting.
- Oversight/accountability/positive PR for the refund process and new tax system.
- Conversation: Figure out the items for the project management.
- Hands-on work to research and get results.
- Check in/update halfway through the project.
- Test before launch.
- Conversation: People see the results, and people who worked on the project talk about their personal experience with friends, family, and co-workers, who ask questions and decide to start or be involved in the next project.
Please support. Actions to support are getting results:
- Contribute financially. Every contribution pays for staff to lead research and outreach.
- Refer people who have the most: trusted name recognition, expertise, influence, and money.
- Write a public statement of support. That will help get statements of support from other people.
Your writing a statement of support, contributing financially, and/or referring people with the most: trusted name recognition, influence, expertise, and money, will all be valuable.
There are opportunities to volunteer on research (legal, statistics, side effects) and outreach (marketing, bringing people together to support).