- Each person stands firmly on his or her own feet and is autonomous.
- Each person can be counted on to say real “yes’s” and “no’s” – in other words, to be emotionally honest.
- Each person can ask for what she or he wants.
- Each acknowledges and takes responsibility for her or his actions.
- Each can keep promises.
- Each can be counted on to be kind, fun to be around, courteous, considerate, and real.
- Each takes full freedom to choose to comment on what is going on.
- Each supports the other’s dreams in whatever way possible. Together, they cooperate instead of competing.
– Virginia Satir, The New Peoplemaking