Monthly Archives: October 2010
I’m reading A.J. Jacobs’ book about the Encyclopedia Brittanica. It was on display at Powell’s bookstore, with a blurb from Jonathan Safran Foer on the back cover: “…funny, original, and strangely heroic. I found myself rooting on Jacobs’s quixotic, totally … Continue reading
- Alex leads workshop September 16th in SE Portland
- Alex leads workshop Sept 30, 2010
- 56. If you can’t solve your problems on your own, bring in more people who are affected by the problem.
- 8. Only do actions you’re great at, which also excite you.
- 49. Draw relationships as your street map to show you who to go to.
This great teaching position was posted by Elizabeth Nicole Nanas to the Anthwork listserve. Wayne State University Assistant or Associate Professor of Anthropology (Tenure-Track/Tenured) The Department of Anthropology at Wayne State University announces a full-time, tenure-track/tenured position for an individual … Continue reading
- Sure on this shining night
- 76. Representative departments can limit each other’s actions.
- 95. Make your company a home base where coworkers can develop and sell their services, and their department’s services, to other buyers, inside and outside your company.
- What a constitution is
- 94. Departments choose when to buy from other departments within your company.