- China PM Wen Jiabao http://bit.ly/hKyqNv
AFP: China PM urges ‘gradual’ political reform
BEIJING — Premier Wen Jiabao said Monday China must seek political reform but neither gave proposals nor a timetable for expanding its limited village-level elections, saying it would be a “gradual progress.”
The China Prime Minister wants people to practice self-governance locally in villages and cities, and expand the democratic areas with practice. Good idea.
It’s also good for companies: practice self-led teams, then practice self-organizing (and coordinating) teams, then expand.
Q: What are self-led teams?
A: Self-led teams:
- Central management decides to make a subcommittee.
- Central management says who is on the subcommittee and what they should do.
- Subcommittee manages themselves how to achieve that goal.
Q: What are self-organizing teams?
A: Self-organizing teams:
- Central management lets people have freedom of speech, freedom to form groups.
- People set goals for themselves; choose who to work with.
- People form subcommittees themselves, and manage how to achieve their goals, while coordinating with the other teams.
- More self-organizing teams with necessary controls & systems of coordination.
- Eventually, everyone chooses democratically who is responsible for what, at all levels of responsibility in the company.